How To Help
We are dependent on our shops, donations, rental income and volunteers as we currently receive very little external support, so any aid to assist our accommodation and other programs is gratefully received.
The funds we raise go towards both large and small goals throughout the years. Our current goals are:
2017 - 2018 and beyond
- Solar Power Project (Currently in progress and valued at $250,000 to complete - our aim is to save residents who are on disability pensions over $20,000 in electricity costs each year along with becoming more green conscious.)
- Two more unit renovation upgrades
- Accommodation to be established in North Queensland
- Accommodation to be expanded in Brisbane, South East Queensland
- Link Education Computer Club to be expanded in both service offering and course content
- Health and Well Being and Literacy Clubs to be well established and growing
Our success to date is due to the kind support and generousity of those who have supported us over the many years. We make sure every dollar counts.
2015 - 2016 Success Stories
- All units prior to 1987 build to be fully refurbished / renovated. The aim was to fully renovate 2 units. In 2016 we completed the full renovation to FIVE units worth approximately $125,000 each! See our article on one of the unit renovations here
- Built new walkway at southern entrance of complex
- Successful Awareness Week - lifting our profile and obtaining much need funds
- Successful re-branding of Link Vision
- Complete preliminary research on expanding Accommodation and Educational services
All donations over $2.00 are fully tax deductible.
To make a donation via cheque, please make out to:
PO Box 6152
Fairfield Gardens QLD 4103
Bequests are welcome after the family is cared for. The following is a sample for bequest wording in a will:
"I give the sum of $X.00 (free of all duties and charges) to Link Vision, for its general purposes absolutely. I declare a general charitable intention. The receipt of the secretary or treasurer of the association shall be a full and sufficient discharge for the payment of that sum. My executors and trustees shall not be obliged to enquire into the application of money or assets, the subject of this legacy."
Please remember you can also donate your time and/or expertise - for details please visit our Volunteer page.
Donate pre-loved goods to our Op Shops
Link Vision operates 5 'Op Shops' selling clothing, shoes, cutlery, crockery, bric-a-brac, furniture and electrical goods.
Stock is sourced from public donations through our donation bins located in car parks, railway stations and other strategic locations, as well as goods collected by us from private households.
Op shops are staffed by committed employees and volunteers, working six days a week. Unsaleable clothing is cut up and sold as 'service' rags.
We appreciate all donations made in store, in our donation bins.
We can also arrange to pick up big items from you, please call or email us for our truck schedule.
Shop & Support Grab a bargain from our market pop-up stalls and support Link Vision. Live Entertainment Junior demonstrations, competitions ... read moreLink Vision Unit 5 Renovation Project
As part of our 2016 achievements, Link Vision raised enough funds to do a complete renovation on some of the units ... read more